Saturday, May 30, 2009

Prayer for a friend's dad...

Please be in prayer for Tracy's dad, a dear blogging friend of mine. Below is her prayer request...

Could you take a moment to lift a prayer for my Dad? He's a carpenter and while working yesterday, fell from a scaffold onto the homeowner's driveway. He broke his heels…one in two places, the other is shattered. Both will require surgery. He was admitted to a local hospital where they now have his pain under control, but he has major swelling. Apparently, they cannot operate until it's gone down somewhat. (They're saying it could be 5 days before that happens.) We've been told recovery from the surgery will be rather lengthy.

There are lots of questions and concerns looming ahead (Dad is self-employed, won't be able to drive or work for quite some time, Mom doesn't drive and isn't in the best of health, Dad already tends toward depression, etc.) but we know and believe God is in control. This is all part of His plan. There is truly a measure of comfort in that! We are also grateful his injuries are not more severe...he could have broken his legs, his back, his neck or even worse.

We are of course bringing his case to the Great Physician and trusting Him for the best possible outcome. I would be most grateful if you would, too. Thank you.


You can also visit Tracy at her blog, My Cup Runneth Over, to leave her words of encouragement and to let her know that you are praying with and for them. Thanks so for joining me in prayer...


Praying...

5 comments:

RCUBEs said...

Praying with you. God bless.

Aliene said...

Just ran across your blog. Know that we will be praying. I will go to Tracy's blog now.

Tracy said...

Thank you Tricia. Can't tell you how much I appreciate your prayers and those of others you've sent my way. Blessings to you.
Tracy

Alleluiabelle said...

Dear Tricia,

You certainly have my strong prayer support for your dad's healing, for your mom and your family in getting through this trying time. I will be lifting all of you up in prayer every day.

Thank you for adding my husband Ron to your prayer site here. You are an absolute blessing to all of us.

Love, Peace, Hugs & Prayers,
Alleluiabelle

Alleluiabelle said...

Hi Tricia,

It's been a while since I have been visiting blog sites because of everything going on here with Ron, but I sent you a comment earlier today and I believe I was praying for your dad instead of Tracy's. I apologize. I will be praying for her request and I am heading over to her site right now. Like I said, it's been a while and my thought process has been on overload.

Love you,
Alleluiabelle