Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Prayer for Brooke

Update on Brooke as of 3/2/09

Thank you so much for your prayers. Brooke's platelet count was up to 64,000 Thursday. Normal is 200,000. So it has come up. We got as low as 7,000, which I don't know if you know this but anything below 20,000 can cause serious internal bleeds, especially in the brain. Please pray for Brooke's platelet count to continue to increase!

We have been on a roller coaster, up and down, but this is the 2nd highest number we've had. They first tried treating Brooke with an IVIG, which is intravenous gammaglobulin. They did 2 of these. They did not work, so now she is on a high dose of prednisone it's a steriod. So right now we're waiting to see if this will work. Please pray for God to give the doctors wisdom, insight, and discernment regarding Brooke's treatment, and pray for divine healing by the Great Physician, who can heal with just a touch.

Between the steriods and birth control (to control her periods) the side affects are crazy. Well I said all of that to say this, Brooke is going back to school Monday.. Needless to say I'm scared to death. She's been out for 3 weeks. I know I can't keep her in a bubble and I know we're going to have to learn to live with this but, I'm a mother and I'm worried. Really through all of this I've had a peace within me and I know she's in Gods hands.How great is that? Please pray for God's peace that surpasses all understanding for Brooke's mom and dad, and for His comfort to abound to them.

Please pray that this medicine will work, her platelets will come up and that she doesn't get hurt while they are low.Thank you so much!

Thanks so much for joining me in prayer for this precious young lady and her family...

Praying still...




Below is the original prayer request on February 25, 2009


Please be in prayer for the 13 year old daughter of a friend of mine. We went to church together before we moved, she is a lady who loves the Lord and is so quick to minister to others in need. I would love for as many of you as possible to join me in prayer for her, Kendall, her daughter Brooke, and their entire family (dad, 2 other daughters, and a son).

Below is an email I received from her today, I will update as I get more details...

Thank you so much for your prayers. We need them! I don't know what you've heard but Brooke my 13 year old has a blood disorder called ITP. It's crazy, it's a disorder that the doctors don't know alot about. Please check out caseyscause.org and read about, it's alot to explain. We feel like we've been on a roller coaster for 15 days. I know Brooke is in Gods hands but I can't help but to be scared to death. We go back to get more bloodwork on Thursday morning. Please keep in touch.




You can go here to Casey's Cause to read more about ITP...

Praying...

1 comment:

Hana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.